WELCOME TO THE GRAND OPENING OF JADE’S SECRET STORMS! *sniffles. Wow, I’m ‘almost’ crying as I write this. I have put so much work and effort into putting together this blog the past couple of months that I can’t quite believe that I’m finally posting on it. But still, yay! 🙂 I did it!
I thought about just going ahead and starting my blog off with an actual book review – after all, this is a book reviewing blog. Then, I decided that I had too much to say and too many people, articles, and blogs to mention and thank, so here goes.
Here is a list of helpful articles and websites I read and used extensively to create my blog the last couple of months. I have included a brief summary of what they’re about/what I actually used them for. 🙂
- https://en.support.wordpress.com/ – I have had to Google so many different things because I am new at all this blog building, so WordPress support website has been a great help. Sometimes, my search terms wouldn’t be all that good (like Googling things like ‘how to create links that lead to different sections of pages’), but WordPress somehow understood me. 🙂
- https://pagesunbound.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/a-complete-guide-to-starting-a-book-blog/ – This had a bunch of interesting articles that helped me get started and inspired me for various different things that I want to do with JSS.
- https://www.canva.com – I used this to create all of my graphics here on my blog. At first, it was a little hard to use since it wasn’t built to accommodate touch screens. After I bought a wireless mouse, it was a breeze. Simple to use and infinitely useful!
- https://thewellthumbedreader.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/11-tips-for-growing-your-blog-to-the-point-where-you-cant-even/ – Mikaela is a newer book blogger herself and, in this article, she talks about different suggestions for growing your blog. Some of these suggestions, I plan to use in the next couple of months.
- https://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/ – Cool ‘grab my blog button’ code generator! Completely saved my life!
A GREAT BIG GIANT THANK YOU TO ALL THE WEBSITE CREATORS/ARTICLE WRITERS/AND BLOGGERS THAT PUT TOGETHER ALL OF THESE ARTICLES/WEBSITES. I COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ALL OF YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, A THOUSAND TIMES THANK YOU!!!!!
HOW DO I WANT MY BLOG TO WORK/WHAT ARE MY GOALS FOR JSS?
Now that I’ve properly thanked the people, articles, and blogs that helped me put together this blog these past couple of months, let’s get to how I want my blog to work and my goals for it and whatnot. 🙂 First of all, I plan on posting a book review or other type of post (Discussion, Lists, etc.) every Saturday and Wednesday. There really isn’t any special reason I chose Saturday and Wednesday; that is just the day that my busy college schedule takes a little ‘break’ (as in ‘a time I ignore all of my college responsibilities and work on this blog” 🙂 ).
Let’s talk more about what my reviews are going to look like. At the top of each review, I will include the full title of the book (i.e. series, series #, title of the book, and author), publication information (i.e. publisher and publication date), genre, my rating (see my rating system here, and source (i.e. the format of the book that I have – e-books, physical copies, ARCs, etc.). On each review, I will also try to include an image of the cover of the book. Most of these will probably be through Goodreads. Speaking of, check me out on Goodreads here! 🙂
After the book information section, I will have my “Summary” section where I will copy/paste, directly from the author’s website, a summary/blurb of the book. This will give you a better idea of what the book is about and allow you to choose whether or not you are interested in reading my review for it (which I hope you are 🙂 ). Who knows, maybe my review will change your mind about the book? You never know! This “Summary” section is immediately followed by my review. I plan on keeping my reviews short; my goal is to have my reviews stay between 300-500 words.
At the end of each review post, I plan on including something interesting that’s related to the book. Maybe a link to an except, a book trailer, an interesting interview with the author – the possibilities are endless! 🙂 I have deemed this section of my review “Interesting Tidbit.” After my “Interesting Tidbit” section, I will either ask a question or include some sort of dialogue to get you guys chatting in the comments. I love to talk, especially about books, so join me in the discussion! 🙂
Well, that’s a wrap, folks! 🙂 I bet you’re secretly (or maybe not-so-secretly) glad that it’s finally over… It was getting kind of long. 🙂 I hope that gave you a ‘brief’ overview about what you can look forward to in my blog. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments. See you guys on Wednesdays with my first ever book review!!!
Do you guys have any suggestions, ideas, or just general things you would like to see in my blog? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks in advance! 😊
Follow Jade on Twitter: @JSecretStorms
Follow/Like Jade’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JSecretStorms/